Friday 8 August 2014

One persons wise words

I've got this friend. Her name is Tamsin. I haven't known her for long, but boy do I love her. She is amazing!

Through her work she met this guy. From Bahrain. Kind of stranded in Germany. And he is an oncologist. 

She told him about me and my struggles with the German system and the German doctors. He offered to meet. 

And so we did. 

Isn't it amazing how one persons words can change your whole outlook? How one hour with someone can give you strength you thought long lost?

And I'm not talking any religious or follow-me-and-believe-me-and-you-will-be-saved-none sense (sorry if I have offended any religious or follow-me-and-believe-me-and-you-will-be-saved people)

I'm just talking the good old come-on-and-open-your-eyes-to-the-positive-things-talk. I mean we all need it ones in a while. The person who can bring us down to reality who can ground us and see what is really important. The one who can take our fears away. 

And that was just what he did!

One of the first things he said was, that I was undoubtably the healthiest person in the room. That we are all going to die but that everyone usually ignores that fact. But I am facing it. And it makes me real, and makes it possible to really see the important things and the real beauty in life. 

He said a whole lot of other things as well. We talked for two hours. But that's not important. 

What is important is the fact that since I've met him I'm so much happier and lighter! Yes I do sometimes have fear creeping up on me, no doubt about that. But I can handle it. 
And what is more important: since we talked, I don't consider myself dying! I consider myself very much living! And I'm going to use this opportunity live through at me. This opportunity to change and finally start looking after me and start to feel I'm worthy of being looked after. And important. And believe that I have the right to be happy. 

It's a big change and I'm taking it one step at a time!






No comments:

Post a Comment