Tuesday 6 August 2013

Morning playground session

After we dropped Mila at school and went grocery shopping and dropped the shopping home and had a yoghurt, it was 9:30am. 

So I took Lilla to the playground. 

She deserved the playtime especially after yesterday: I dragged her to IKEA through IKEA to the IKEA restaurant through IKEA again and back home. On public transport! 

As soon as we arrived she jumped on the swing, (she loves the swing now that she learned to swing herself!) and I had a strange feeling that something was totally different! 
No not my little scaredy bird liking the swing, nor the great wooden play equipment. But male creatures on the playground! On a Tuesday! At 9:45am! 

After a while I realised they where Kindy teachers taking their Kindy kids to the playground. Love it! 

Don't get a misleading idea though. In Germany too male kindy teachers are in the minority. Here in Prenzlauer Berg (the suburb in Berlin we live in at the moment) the rate might be a bit higher as it is a very family orientated and trendy little neighbourhood. 

I think it's fantastic!


No comments:

Post a Comment