Monday 16 June 2014

6.

The last chemo was the first at Havelhöhe...and the most amazing thing happened: I had NO side effects! None at all! 

I was waiting for them day after day...not daring to hope they wouldn't come...but they actually didn't! How can that be? They are giving me the same chemo.
But most importantly, they are giving me lots of complementary therapies as well...
I'm on some homeopathic remedies and I'm on a misteltoe therapy. 
It is an antroposophical therapy which you have to inject yourself 3 times a week in your tummy...and I'm most certain that's the reason I feel so amazing! Apparently about 60% of cancer patients in Germany are on it and it's been used for ages...my grandmother was on it over 30 years ago treating her leukemia.

It's amazing and I can't believe I went from being sick, sore, feverish and not functioning for 10 days, to not feeling anything at all!

I do have to admit though injecting yourself is a huge struggle! 
I tried. And failed. Not just ones! 
It's not the actual injection it's just doing it to yourself is a big hurdle...I can't watch. And you have to watch if you do it yourself...just imagine where it might end up if you don't...eeeek
However, as I just can't manage, I get help doing it...and I haven't missed one yet!

So going into the 6th round was a walk in the park. 

The oncologist was so happy for me she hugged me and cheered. 

I did end up in isolation during chemo though as Mila was diagnosed with scarlet fever that very morning! 
And as we weren't sure if I might have cought it from here, we decided it's better for everyone's sake if I had chemo isolated from the other patients. 
It wasn't the worse trade I have to say. I dint just get a room to myself, I got a comfy bed on top...bliss





No comments:

Post a Comment