Sunday 22 June 2014

7.

I went in for my 7th chemo pretty relaxed knowing I had felt so good after the last two, though very exhausted and tired from the weekend before...

It had been my birthday on the Sunday and as I was feeling amazing I decided to invite all my new friends and celebrate.

• So I cleaned the house on Thursday and Friday. 

• I went shopping for the weekend and brunch celebration on Sunday. 

• My mum, brother and nephew arrived late Friday night. 

• My mum and me went to IKEA on Saturday morning exchanging some wrong slats for the bed we finally had bought the week before...and we got some other things as well...as you do at IKEA...

• We went shopping on the way home. 

• After lunch we all went to a swimming competition cheering on Mila. (She got first place in butterfly and 4th place in breast, freestyle and backstroke. So proud!)

• Ones back home we build up what we had bought from IKEA. 

• Just finished, my friend Annika arrived from Hamburg. 

On Sunday:
• We had breakfast all together and cake and presents. It was just lovely!

• Then cleaning up and getting ready for my guests to arrive for the brunch. 

• We had about 20 people coming over and it was great! But sooooo exhausting.
 
• I, as the host, was in a blur as you are when it's your party...greeting everyone, offering drinks and food, cleaning up plates and glasses, getting more food out, doing some dishes, trying to find more vases, and refereeing the kids in between. 

• After everyone had left late afternoon we took the kids to the playground to get some fresh air. 

• and went out for dinner after. 

So no wonder I was tired. I had totally overdone it! 

On Tuesday I had chemo and it took a little longer than usual so I had to go and get Lilla from Kita straight after. Not a minute to recover. 

And Wednesday, Thursday and Friday I crashed on the lounge after the school run in the morning sleeping for 4 hours each day! 

Today is Sunday and I can still feel it in every part of my body...but it's getting better. And I'm sure it was just the exhaustion and fatigue after all the action and excitement. Not side effects from chemo. But will see on Tuesday how I feel after the next one. 

For now I'm just so happy and relieved and thankfull that my awesomely amazing friend Susi is here! Good times ahead I'm sure!






1 comment:

  1. Again, I'm so glad Susi is there with you now because there is NO way she's going to let you be so naughty and do too many tasks. Take it easy beautiful! Xx

    ReplyDelete