Wednesday 2 April 2014

Change of plans...


intended to write this blog as a little diary about our move from Sydney to Berlin and to document what it felt like and what we went through.

Now this has all changed....it has all changed with one diagnosis...one utterly shocking diagnosis I really did not expect nor was prepared for in any way!

On fools April my doctor told me: 'I'm sorry to say, but the ct scan we did showed metastasis in your lung and your spine.'

.....

Head spinning...can't hear....can't breath...can't breath...someone hit me, please....can't breath!!!!....

Me: 'I've got two kids! I'm not supposed to die now!.......is this it?'

Crying...trying to breath...can't....need air....can't hear....can't breath!

He: 'There is still a lot we can do!'

He gives me time....to calm down....he gives me hope...why is he hopefull? ...can't trust it....

I'll be back in 3 days to get my treatment plan...starting treatment the week after...

I need to go home....get the kids...but I'm struggling to walk...to breath... 

But I manage....somehow...and the next morning I'm greeted by this lucky charm...never before have I actually seen a chimney sweeper on a roof doing their work! Thank you Mr Chimney-Sweeper!





No comments:

Post a Comment