Wednesday 23 April 2014

2.

Knowing that I felt pretty good after the first chemo, I wasn't feeling too anxious about the second one. 

This time around it has been so much better to handle as the drug doesn't even remotely have the effect on me like last time! 
Last time I had every side effect possible: vomiting, mouth ulcers, weird taste, numbness of the face, hurting of the skin, tiredness, loss of hair, menopause... and with all of that the worst thing: I dreaded having to go in again and again to get that sickening drug again and again...it was harder every time I went. By the end I was already feeling sick just smelling the hospital smell...
I used to love hospital smell! No wonder, the only other times I've been there before were when I had my girls. Happy times!

This time it's a little easier...at least right now and I hope it'll stay that way!
All the first chemo had done was making me tired...and maybe a little short breathed...I can handle tired, and short breathed...fingers crossed it stays that way. 








2 comments:

  1. I'm so relieved to know you are not feeling sick with your treatment Jette. I hope the clinic you previously went to in Sydney could upgrade their treatments so others don't have to suffer so unecesarily like you did..
    Love you, xx Suriya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hon! But the reason I'm not feeling as crappy this time is actually due to the fact that it's a different chemo....if I had to do the same one again I'd feel just as shittty as last time 😘

      Delete