Saturday 17 May 2014

4.

5 days ago I had my 4th chemo...

It went actually quite alright as it was the first time I didn't have to wait for it to arrive!
I even got to speak to the ward oncologist...not in private....but at least I saw him briefly...mainly to organise my next ct scan....which I had to organise! Because nothing runs smoothly in that hospital! And if you don't organise it yourself nothing is gonna be done!

I remember even my chemo would not have started unless I would have insisted! Back then my oncologist, who I had waited 5 hours for, had send me down to the place where they administer the chemo to ask 'if I should be there at 9 or 10 the next day' to start my treatment...

So I did.

The nurse asked who I was.
And asked what chemo.
And asked if I had signed the forms.

I told her my name.
I said I had no idea.
And I said no.

She said there was no way I could start chemo.

I could have left. Not ever coming back. Not ever finding out what went wrong. Probably not ever been contacted as to where I was because no one would have ever missed me.

I said I was not going to leave until it's sorted! Because ones you know the cancer is eating away your inside you just want to get started!

It's the chaotic oncologist...or maybe the system? I don't know...but it's just gotten too much to handle! 






No comments:

Post a Comment