Thursday 17 July 2014

10.

Chemo number 10...

Had to come here by myself today...missing Susi...

At least the weather is beautiful and warm which allowed me to sit out in the meadow again.

And guess what I did?
I called Susi!

I had talked to my oncologist just before, so I wanted to update Susi and ask her opinion...

The oncologist took a new tumor marker last week. 
I didn't expect a big change as I haven't felt that different to the time she took one last. But I was pretty nervous. I was all short breathed and exhausted from the fear of the result. 

She didn't tell me the number, as it doesn't matter. It's all about the tendency. 
She didn't even specifically said what exactly the difference to the one before was. 
But as she is not wanting to do a ct, and she is not changing the treatment, it's got to be about the same as the last.  

She did say though, as this treatment seems to help with the pain and seems to keep it stable, she wants to continue on the same schedule. I was a little shocked but she said it'd be silly not to keep on going. Especially as she has just got the two tumor markers and none from before the treatment she can't say exactly what the tendency is yet. 
If it stays stable for a while she will be much more confident to do it less often. 
And it doesn't mean it'll be this schedule for the next 5 years...just for now...

I do think however, I'd like a ct. I think I'll ask her to have one done in 2 weeks...

If it's better, I'll be ecstatic!

If there is no change, that'll be good as well in my situation I guess!

And if it's worse, at least I know...right?

Or maybe I don't want to know...






1 comment:

  1. You should be able to request a CT scan Jette; to give you peace of mind and an indication of where you stand. The outcome of the t results seem positive though. Don't worry about the back pain, I'm sure it's fine. Don't forget you've always had lower back pain along with many other people that don't have 'C'. I would be the same as you, worrying about every pain, but try to remember that we all experience daily pains and twinges but we usually ignore them without realising it..and you've been very busy with the girls and all so I wouldn't be surprised if you've overexerted yourself. I hope the pain settles down and your cough clears up soon.
    Love you a bunch.
    Suriya

    ReplyDelete